Annual Academic Scholarship Award
Share your childhood cancer experience for an opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship award.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 12th, by 5 pm
- Childhood Cancer Patient, Survivor, or Sibling of a Childhood Cancer Patient or Survivor
- Currently registered as a Junior in high school – 2nd year in college (university, community/junior, vocational, etc.)
- To align with our mission to support local families, the applicant must provide a Northern California – Bay Area family address.
- Qualified candidates are asked to write a 1,000 word written response to essay prompt:“Describe the ways in which your life has been impacted by childhood cancer.”
- Essay must be typed in 12pt, Times New Roman font, double spaced, word count bottom left.
- Applicants are encouraged to share volunteerism, future academic/career goals, and intended use of scholarship.
- Essays must be your original work with honest, genuine perspectives welcome.
- In addition to essay, candidates are welcome to submit a brief 2-3 minute video introduction to share their favorite things (examples include interests/hobbies, personal fun facts, quotes, movies). Please note- Videos are optional.
- Upload photo of yourself (optional)
*Please begin the application form when essay, video, and photos are ready to be submitted since progress cannot be saved.
*Award winners will be notified by Friday, May 19th, 2023.