Each family referred receives a customized box of hope filled with a personalized snuggle blanket, informational articles, books pertaining to child’s cancer, a journal, a hand knitted hat, pillowcase, art therapy books, gifts for the child and gifts for sibling(s) so they are reminded they are an important part of their families journey.
Keaton Raphael Memorial also provides financial grants to families in need, which are a majority of our referrals. We provide them with a check for $500, along with the above mentioned items. The entire cost for on complete “Hope Chest” is $750. On average, we assist 140 families per year.
Hope Chest Wish List
Throughout the year, purchases can be made from our Wish List to help fill a Hope Chest for every child and their family. Click on Wish List for a PDF of list below and provide donations directly to Keaton Raphael Memorial at 2260 Douglas Blvd, Suite 150, Roseville, CA 95661 or call 916-784-6786 for assistance.
- Legos (mini packs) for boys and girls ranging 3-14 yrs. old in age
- Educational Items ages 0 – 18 yrs. old) – Brain Quest, bingo, Alphabet/Number puzzle mats, Leap Frog, Vtech, Baby Einstein
- Movies rated G-PG13
- Beads, Paint Art Sets, Crafts, Playdough
- Family Board Games: Doodle Pro, Games: Monopoly, Candyland, Battleship, Operation, Memory, Connect 4, Perfection, Trouble, Cootie Board Game, Don’t Spill the Beans, Elefun, Hippo Hungry
- Books and puzzles for boys and girls
- Coloring Books, Markers, Crayons (regular and jumbo size), Colored Pencils, Watercolor Books, Crayola Activity Sets
- Artist Sketch Pads, Art Pencils, Charcoal Sticks, Graphite Pencils for teen boys and girls
- Infant Toys
- Writing Journals, Pens
- Trvel Games for any age child
- $5 – $10 Giftcards: Subway, McDonald’s, Jamba Juice, ColdStone, I-Tunes, Baskin Robbins, In and Out, Chipotle and other fast food restaurants
- Gas Giftcards: Chevron, Arco 76, any other gas station
Our families spend much time away from home, traveling and staying at the hospital, so all of these items can help make their hospital stay a bit enjoyable.